Friday, May 26, 2017

Hernia Surgery

In the chaos that was last week, I got side-tracked from updating the blog. Chad has heard back from Dr. Swain's office. He is the General Surgeon who originally found and diagnosed Chad's cancer back in 2015 and also the surgeon who will be repairing his hernia.

The surgery is on June 20, 2017. A little less than one month away.

Chad took the call from the doctor so I am unable to provide specifics until the surgery package comes in the mail.  My guess however, is that Dr. Swain will at least attempt the repair laparoscopically and while in there, have a look around to see if he can figure out/fix some of Chad's digestions/bloating issues.

Of course, my prayer is that everything goes well and when he does go inside, he sees nothing major of concern (In other words, NO CANCER) and successfully repairs his hernia without complications.  I imagine the hospital stay depends on the surgery performed and the outcome. It could be anything from an outpatient stay to a week in the hospital. Once we know more - you'll know more!

Neck Surgery - Dependent upon the hernia surgery. We do have approval for it though. We're still waiting on further approval for physical therapy and pain management.

Many, many thanks for the continued prayers, love and support!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome News! Good Luck Going Forward! hugssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Novella what a good wife you are supporting your hubby through all this. As a nurse, I know about pain and having pain no one can DX is worse. It can mess with your mind and I have been praying... Ace and I have and I went through something with my now late husband Bob, who could tolerate a lot of pain, but he had a ruptured appendix and a tear in the colon. He almost died. Because he didn't 'scream like a little girl' when they examined him, the first time ( with a stat wbc of 20,000!!!) they didn't even notice it and sent him home with enemas and laxatives. I went through pain right along with him. They think btw it was caused from pumpkin seeds.. he always ate them seed and all. He had a colostomy and it was reversed 3 months later and he was fine except for his 'zipper' which went all the way down to his groin. He belly was never the same and they said that's what happens. I soooo feel for you coordinating the Dr. appts, caring for him and all you do. Hats off to you and know that we will be lifting you both in prayer ! Alan & Lori Garber aka: ROXYROX-AND-ACE. Thanks for all you do on here and I tell you I love Singsnap so much, it is wonderful to sing a song whenever you feel like it and learn new songs which is why I love contests... not to win but to enjoy the whole process. Good Luck to you and you deserver the "WOMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD". I know... I know... what you are going through. Roxy May the Lord give you peace, comfort and faith through this next journey. In His Name, Amen

    ReplyDelete