Friday, October 26, 2018

Preliminary Results of CT Scan

Chad has been having more severe attacks of nauseous and vomiting. To the point where he's lost 8 pounds and cannot seem to eat a single thing without losing it 30 minutes later. He has had this intermittently but lately it seems more often than not.

He still bloats like a beach ball and has that awful pain in his left side. We rushed his bi-annual CT Scan by a few weeks to try and see if, for once, it would show whatever causes his never ending issues.

I am not going to put on a brave face for a few seconds. I was worried. I still am, but not as bad because the doctor called Chad this morning with both lab and CT Scan results. Aside from his cholesterol being high - everything looked good and clear.

Hallelujah !!!  Seriously. I was a bit scared, for the first *real* time since his surgery I was genuinely getting concerned that the CT Scan would show a mass  I was prepared to convince myself it could be anything at all and not necessarily cancer but I was concerned. It hasn't gone away completely but it certainly has alleviated a bit.

Once again though, we're left scratching our heads and wondering WHY this is happening. A dietician is going to be in touch and we still have the appointment with the GI Surgeon in December.

If physically things are where they should be, there has to be something someone is missing. Last night while watching Grey's Anatomy a woman was in the hospital room with severe stomach attacks and they ran every test and came up empty handed. The patient had been through it all before and insisted she was not crazy - SOMETHING was wrong. She ate a sandwich and eventually they were able to determine some something was wrapping around something else which expanded when she ate, causing crazy pain. It was missed the million times before because she was also fasting prior to taking tests.

I will have to watch it again to find out what it was and I am NOT saying Chad has whatever this woman has - but the situation was eerily similar and I can't help but wonder if the doctors need to take a different approach. Clearly whatever is wrong with my husband is not of the normal breed. We just need to find a doctor who cares enough to figure it out.

Wish us luck.

Thanks for your love and prayers xoxo

1 comment:

  1. the mystery needs to be solved asap. I pray for the intervention of Jesus in this journey of discovery.
    It HAS to be something they are missing!!
    Hugs, Love and Prayers

    ReplyDelete