Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Year Or A Lifetime

One year ago today Chad was being prepped for surgery. We had absolutely no idea what the doctor would find when they opened him up and every possibility you could imagine was running through my head. I prayed and cried and begged and hoped ...

We've had some positive outcomes but we've also had some seriously difficult struggles. Chad's belly pain has come back in folds and his bloating has been very bad for a couple days. I know his CT and Colonoscopy came back clear but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still concerned it could be the big "C". In my heart, I don't think it is. I think his digestion is just very different than it used to be and I think the scar tissue is the cause for the pain since it is in and around his scar.

Today, right now, he is in Mayfield getting his 3-Month Blood work done. God willing, the results come back normal. Your prayers are appreciated beyond words.

I'm just thankful. To have him with me. Every day. And I pray the road gets a little less bumpy for him. I pray he heals and he is able to get back into the working force. I pray that he has more good days than bad and appreciates every one for the blessing that it is. I know it's 'only been a year' but it does feel like a lifetime.

I pray for good. Good news. Good days. Good life.

Thank you for your love, support and prayers xo

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. Be strong. He's tough and I BELIEVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted to drop in and send my best, and read the updates, huggggggssssss to you all....
    just a quick thing have you all had your water tested? and not by the water co. but by someone else? if you have lived in that house for many years the answer maybe there, or maybe it is just something he got while he was over there in the service.....the water is mine...that is why i asked

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to drop in and send my best, and read the updates, huggggggssssss to you all....
    just a quick thing have you all had your water tested? and not by the water co. but by someone else? if you have lived in that house for many years the answer maybe there, or maybe it is just something he got while he was over there in the service.....the water is mine...that is why i asked

    ReplyDelete